Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Brother's Toothpick

   Have you ever seen people walking around with toothpicks in their mouths? 
   Every ounce of maternal instinct in my mortal being trembles with horror at the thought of wood slivers imbedded in their gums or through their lips, or worse yet…   They might trip on air molecules or step on a cat’s tail, causing them to *gasp* swallow the toothpicks! 
   How could they be so ignorant not to fear these possibilities like I, in my knowledgeable awareness, am so carefully diligent to do? 
   And when they talk, the toothpicks in their mouths bounce up and down and are tossed side to side causing such distraction to their listeners.  I am appalled at such rude behavior, not to mention the germs these saliva-absorbing little bacteria storage units must harbor.
   Have you ever seen a log in someone’s eye? 
   I never have.  It doesn’t really make sense; a log can’t fit into an eye.  Logs are so big that I can’t even lift one, so how would I fit one into my eye?  I’ve measured them…

“For in the way (I) judge,
(I) will be judged;
and by (my) standard of measure,
it will be measured to (me)…”

“But (I will) seek first His kingdom
and His righteousness.”
~Matthew 7:2 & 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment