Wednesday, January 30, 2013

These are the Hands

The voice that spoke creation with a word,
The voice that calmed the raging stormy sea,
The voice that taught each parable in love;
     This is the voice that speaks to me.

The hands that hold the moon and stars in place,
The hands that set the ill and captives free,
The hands willingly pierced with rugged nails;
     These are the hands that carry me.

The eyes that shared compassion with His tears,
The eyes that beckoned little ones draw nigh,
The eyes that see within each heart and soul;
     These are the eyes that watch over me.

Dressed in a robe reaching down to His feet,
Eyes like a blazing fire,
Voice like the sound of rushing waters,
     Face like the sun
          shining so bright
     And as I fall down at His feet
          He whispers to me...

My tender voice that tells you, "Peace, be still!"
My caring hands that guide you in My will,
My eyes that see you safely through the night;
     These are My eyes,
     These are My hands,
     This is My voice;
          I Am.
 ~ae

Revelation 1:12-17

No comments:

Post a Comment