Thursday, August 4, 2011

Beyond Words

Words captivate me.

Words I see or hear
are constantly being filtered:

Are they flippant, exaggerated, dull,
misspelled, misapplied, inappropriate?
Are they accurate, inspiring, meaningful,
motivating, intentional, sincere…?

Words demand my focus,
their relevance vies for my attention,
their accuracy assumes authority to gauge value…

…perhaps too much so…

What blessing can come through sorrow?
What wisdom can be gained through loss?
What treasure can be found in emptiness?

Jesus,
be my focus
be my relevance worthy of attention,
be my authority to gauge value.

Draw me to
Yourself

…to be content
Beyond Words… 
~ae

1 comment:

  1. "What blessing can come through sorrow?
    What wisdom can be gained through loss?
    What treasure can be found in emptiness?

    "Jesus,
    be my focus
    be my relevance worthy of attention,
    be my authority to gauge value."

    truth and beauty.

    ReplyDelete