Saturday, April 23, 2011

Light-Headed

Try really hard.
Just be creative.
You can do it.
Believe in yourself.
Make it happen.
Do whatever it takes.
There’s always a way.
Just do it!

Reality:
None of these common phrases apply.

I do not possess the ability
to conjure
or stir
or create a source of light
that would be enough to allow anyone
to see my own good deeds
in such a way
that would honor
the Father in heaven.

There is only one way for His Life
to be made obvious in me…

“Let”

Let… His light
Shine within my emptiness.

"Let your light shine before men
that they may see your good deeds
and praise the Father in heaven."
~Matthew 5:16

My own mind
is naturally
consumed with thoughts of me.
It is not possible to
make room for anyone else
to occupy me
unless I move out.

When a homeowner
lets his home out to a renter,
the homeowner no longer lives
in that dwelling;
It is now the home of the new tenant…
the one who has paid to live there
and occupy the home
in its entirety.

There is only one way for His Life
to live within my mind…

“Let”

Let… His wholeness
completely occupy me
       ... and own me.

"Let this mind be in you
which was also in Christ Jesus..."
~Philippians 2:5

1 comment:

  1. <3 i was having a terrible time with self-pity yesterday, and so greatly wanting to be more like Christ. as you so aptly express it, "My own mind
    is naturally/ consumed with thoughts of me." :sigh: but thankfully we have the life of Christ within us to give us the ability to "will and to do his good pleasure"--to actually let the mind of Christ indwell us. what a miracle!

    ReplyDelete