Thursday, April 21, 2011

Rags to Riches

Shredded into lengthy strips,
bound around His tiny form,
somewhat undesirable,
yet I kept Him snug and warm.

Illness had decreased her health;
desperately her hand reached out.
Healing power surging through
my being bade Him turn about.

Loved one passed away, I held.
Then He spoke, and suddenly
the encompassed rose again.
They removed me; he was free.

Men of great importance sat
pushing Him to testify;
when He named Himself I AM,
grabbed and ripped apart was I.

Soldiers of the governor
gathered Romans all around,
stripped Him what was left of me;
scarlet counterpart was found.

Laughing soldiers casting lots.
Bits and pieces here and there;
once I was a part of Him,
then was used without a care.

Uttering His final cry,
earth was quaking, Truth was known,
sky was darkened, stones were split,
I was torn from my top down.

Shredded into lengthy strips,
bound around His beaten form,
mixed with spices and with myrrh,
gifts to Him when He was born.

Suddenly, such fear and joy,
for I was glowing white as snow!
“Tell them He is risen now,”
angels bid the ladies, “Go…”
~ae

“…on His robe 
He has a name written, 
KING OF KINGS, 
AND LORD OF LORDS.”
~Revelation 19:16

1 comment: