Thursday, April 28, 2011

Shadows...

   A close friend offered a challenge to me the other day... to sit on my front porch for a while and just observe God's creation and see what He wanted to show me... that was it!  And so I did just that for nearly 45 minutes until the chilling wind became a bit much for my bones.  
   As I sat encompassed within the afternoon shadow of my home, it overwhelmed me in a deeper, more meaningful way, revealing yet another dimension of God's Word.
I would like to encourage you 
to accept the same challenge...  
to taste and see 
a glimpse of God's glory; 

"Be still and know that I am God." 
~Psalm 46:10


Shadows...
lengthening,
a silhouette imitating that which is real,
encompassing and consuming
every rock or weed or uneven surface
without deference.

Shadows...
always inching, ever moving
while counterparts stands firm;
never content to stand,
yet completely unaffected
by breeze or rain or storm.

Shadows...
appearing to have two dimensions,
yet alone, occupy no space,
immeasurable in thickness,
weighing nothing.

Shadows...
tasteless, odorless, soundless,
yet can be felt;
illusive wholeness,
yet obvious
to the eyes, the skin, the soul.

Shadows...
offering a darkened chill
or pleasant relief from oppressive heat;
always, proffering assurance
of protection, of safety,
of rest.

Shadows...
enhancing the beauty of what is real
by contrast
defining depth of contour,
richness of color,
fullness of authenticity.
~ae

“He who dwells 
in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord,
“My refuge and my fortress,
My God, in whom I trust!”
~Psalm 91:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment