Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Heavens Declare

Fingering my wedding ring,
my heart reminisced with joy
through the happy years we have enjoyed together,
my husband and I.

Praying for other couples,
my heart delighted in treasured relationships
and yearned for healing
where promises have been broken.

Listening on Sunday morning,
my heart was stirred
as the pastor relayed what God’s Word
has to offer regarding
this most tender topic.
“Marriage is to be held in honor among all…”
~Hebrews 13:4

Gazing into the night sky,
my heart was electrified
by a rare and marvelous sight…

Refraction,
moonlight,
positioning,
temperature,
hexagon ice crystals,
atmospheric conditions…

A Moon Ring!

Where the immeasurably vast
meets the delicately intricate
in precise, simultaneous conditions,
a heavenly masterpiece
lingers silently…

…Marriage.


“The ring around the Moon is caused by the refraction of Moonlight (which, of course, is reflected sunlight) from ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. The shape of the ice crystals results in a focusing of the light into a ring. Since the ice crystals typically have the same shape, namely a hexagonal shape, the Moon ring is almost always the same size.”

No comments:

Post a Comment