Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Jesus ~ Bread

Bread of Life:
"I am the bread of life."
~John 6:48

My bread bred a greedy,
passionately gluttonous,
voraciously insatiable
desire to be full.
My bread bred a needy,
ravenously wantonness,
maliciously unmerciful
inquiry to rule.

His bread bred nourishing
sustenance for every day;
life support proposed to be
eternally ingested.
His bread bred flourishing
blessedness in every way;
the Bread of Life drew close for me
to learn and to be tested.

My bread said, I am strife,
I am but youth, I’ve often strayed,
my habits cried, my mind believed
my hanker for obsessive flings.
His Bread said, I am Life,
I am the Truth, I am the Way;
I will provide; don’t be deceived
by hunger pangs for lesser things.

 “Then the Lord said to Moses,
‘Behold,
I will rain
bread from heaven for you;
and the people shall go out
and gather a day’s portion every day,
that I may test them,
whether or not
they will walk in My instruction.’”
  ~Exodus 16:4

No comments:

Post a Comment