Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Sound or a Silence that Won’t Go Away


“The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.  Then God said, ‘Let there be light.’” 
~Genesis 1:2,3

“Then the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, ‘Where are you?’  He (the man) said, ‘I heard the sound of You in the garden…”
 ~Genesis 3:9,10

“Behold, the Lord our God has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we have heard His voice from the midst of the fire; we have seen today that God speaks with man, yet he lives…”
~Deuteronomy 5:24

“My soul waits in silence for God only; from Him is my salvation.  He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken.”  ~Psalm 62:1,2

“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”
~Psalm 119:105

“Like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me.  O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever.”
~Psalm 131:2,3

“…I called, but you did not answer; I spoke, but you did not hear.  And you did evil in My sight and chose that in which I did not delight.” 
~Isaiah 65:12

“When He utters His voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and He causes the clouds to ascend from the end of the earth…” 
~Jeremiah 10:13

“Then He got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and it became perfectly calm.  The men were amazed, and said, ‘What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?’” 
~Matthew 8:26,27

“Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor questioned Him, saying, ‘Are You the King of the Jews?’  And Jesus said to him, ‘It is as you say.’  And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He did not answer.” 
~Matthew 27:11,12

“’He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said.  Come, see the place where He was lying’ …and behold, Jesus met them and greeted them.” 
~Matthew 28:6,9

“All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth … and lo, I am with you always,
even to the end of the age.”
~Matthew 28:20

1 comment:

  1. And my personal favorite:

    1 Kings 19:11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.
    13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

    ReplyDelete