Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Naval-Gazing

My father-in-law has been known to comment,
“She’s too busy examining her own belly button.”

To my surprise,
I discovered that my thesaurus includes the term,
“navel-gazing”
as a suitable replacement for the more socially acceptable
“introspection”.                                                                       

Forgiveness is one of God’s most precious gift to us.
Isn’t it interesting that the most difficult person for me to forgive
is myself.

It is in the midst of these experiences
that introspection (for the purpose of self-awareness)
can rapidly spiral downward into self-indulgence (self-focus).

God is not willing that I should take up residence
in this frame of mind.
His promises are true
and He is completely trustworthy.

“I thank my God always concerning you for the grace of God
which was given you in Christ Jesus,
that in everything you were enriched in Him,
in all speech and all knowledge,
even as the testimony concerning Christ was confirmed in you,
so that you are not lacking in any gift,
awaiting eagerly the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who will also confirm you to the end,
blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
God is faithful,
through whom you were called into fellowship
with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”
~I Corinthians 1:4-9

No comments:

Post a Comment