Saturday, February 11, 2012

Qualified

Reading is for musing
but it’s sometimes quite confusing
when the paragraphs are thick with complication.

So if words cause me to stumble
and my brain begins to grumble,
qualifiers clarify their application.


for = there’s a purpose
if = there’s a condition
and = there’s more
but = there’s a challenge

Variations…
as
or
so
yet
still
thus
that 
then
since
while
though
even so
because
however
although
inversely
therefore
in spite of
conversely
nevertheless
consequently
on the contrary
notwithstanding
on the other hand

If we confess our sins, 
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins 
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” ~I John 1:9

“Do not repay evil for evil 
or reviling for reviling, 
but on the contrary, bless, 
for to this you were called, 
that you may obtain a blessing.” ~I Peter 3:9

If my people 
who are called by my name 
humble themselves, and pray 
and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, 
then I will hear from heaven 
and will forgive their sin 
and heal their land.” ~Chronicles 7:14

Isn't that fun?!

1 comment: