Monday, December 27, 2010

Left Behind

   Once, several years ago, I lost my four year old son at the waterpark.  It was the longest twenty minutes of my life!
   While my friend watched over the other children, I ran here and there, calling his name, asking strangers if they had seen my little boy.  Soon, there were dozens of people looking around in the food court, among the people standing in lines, in the pools of water... calling the name they heard me calling.
   There he sat, up on the counter of a kiosk, telling jokes and laughing with a big teddy bear of a security guard.  With tears streaming down my face, I ran to my son as he smiled and shouted, "Hi Mommy!"

..."Now so it was that after three days
they found Him in the temple,
sitting in the midst of the teachers,
both listening to them and asking them questions. 
And all who heard Him
were astonished at His understanding and answers.

"So when they saw Him,
they were amazed; and His mother said to Him,
'Son, why have You done this to us? 
Look, Your father and I have sought You anxiously.'

"And He said to them,
'Why is it that you sought Me? 
Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?' 
But they did not understand
the statement which He spoke to them."
                         ~Luke 2:41-50

Apparently, His Father knew where he was all the while! 

Now that the celebration of Christmas is done for another year, be careful not to leave Jesus behind.  He has promised never to leave us. 

But more importantly, never assume that our relationship with Jesus is within our control.  Jesus remains in the presence of His all-knowing, sovereign Father.
~ae

No comments:

Post a Comment