Saturday, March 5, 2011

Epic

When you think of the word “epic”,
what comes to mind;
the Iliad and the Odyssey?
…the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere?
…Ben Hur?

As a word commonly inserted
into day-to-day conversations,
you may associate the word “epic”
with things like
a hot car,
an amazing ski jump,
an entertaining face plant,
a radical hair style,
or a popular movie.

Epic: 
classic
heroic
notable
inspiring
ambitious
impressive
remarkable
extraordinary
larger-than-life

Consider the following applications…
~ae

“’I did not even consider myself worthy to come to You,
but just say the word,
and my servant will be healed.
For I also am a man placed under authority…’
… Now when Jesus heard this,
He marveled at him,
and turned and said to the crowd that was following Him,
‘I say to you, not even in Israel
have I found such (epic) faith.” 
~Luke 7:8,9

“You gave Me no kiss;
but she, since the time I came in,
has not ceased to kiss My feet.
You did not anoint My head with oil,
but she anointed My feet with perfume.
For this reason I say to you, her sins,
which are many, have been forgiven,
for she (offered an epic love)…”
~Luke 7:45-47

“Whoever receives this child in My name
receives Me,
and whoever receives Me
receives Him who sent Me;
for the one who is least among all of you,
this is the (epic) one.”
~Luke 9:48

“Martha, Martha, you are worried
and bothered about so many things;
but only one thing is necessary,
for Mary has chosen the (epic) part,
which shall not be taken away from her.”
~Luke 10:41,42

1 comment: