Monday, March 21, 2011

An Everlasting Sign

While driving toward the hospital again,
my windshield wipers tried to keep up with the music
blasting, “I love You more than the sun and the moon
and the stars that I taught how to shine; you are Mine… I love you more!”

I began noticing the evidence of Spring;
tree buds beginning to flower,
colorful splashes of California poppies in the fields,
vibrant green beginning to overwhelm the golden hillsides.

Suddenly, I was captivated
as I drove by several signs with the word,
“Jesus”
written in bold handwritten letters.   
“How nice,” I thought. 
“What a creative way to shout His Name for all to see”…

Then I realized
that someone was simply posting directions
to a birthday party
for a little kid named Jesus (hey-soos’).

Well, that’s o.k. 
I’m good with that!
Now each time I drive this same route, 
I look forward to seeing these little signs
which have been a great encouragement for me.

No matter how they were originally intended,
to me these little signs proclaim Jesus, the Christ, my Savior.

As I see daily progress in my brother’s recovery,
as I drink in the joy of our family time,
as I look forward to going home to my mountains,
to my husband, my children, my church, my friends,
… I celebrate His Name!
~ae
“Seek the Lord while He may be found;
call upon him while He is near.

“...For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace;
the mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

“…And it will be a memorial to the Lord,
for an everlasting sign which will not be cut off.”
~Isaiah 55

1 comment: