Friday, March 18, 2011

Jenny!

Busy people come and go,
not a single one I know,
keeping paces with the flow;
all except for Jenny.

“Jenny!”  
Jenny throws a penny,
dashes among strangers’ legs,
“Come here, Jenny!”
“Go and catch her
quickly, son!”  the mother begs.

“Jenny!”  “Jenny!”
“Where is Jenny?”
“There she is!”
“What did she take?”
“No!  No!  Jenny!”
“Put that back
right now, Jenny, before you break…”

“I’m so sorry,
here’s some money…”
“Jenny!”  “Jenny!
that’s not funny!”
“Jenny-Jen,
where are you, honey?”
*distant screech*
“Oh, there she is!”

Travelers queued
at Gate C-5
increasingly become alive
as mother’s shouts intensify,
“Jenny!”  “Jenny!”  “JENNY!”

This true experience I blog
and cannot help but chuckle
about Bill Cosby’s monolog
as I clip my seat buckle!
~ae

No comments:

Post a Comment