Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Business

While driving through town
on a wintery day,
I drove by the abandoned old store,

Except it was changed,
for it was made brand new
and it wasn’t vacant anymore.

A new business came
and they bought the old place
and they fixed it all up really nice.

The huge building was cleaned
and the windows were shined
and I’ll bet that they paid quite a price.

And now any newcomer
that’s driving through town
on a summer or wintery day

Will have no inclination
that what used to be there
is not what resides there today.

I smiled as I thought
of my old empty heart
and how useless it was and how broken,

Until Jesus bought it
and cleaned it and filled it
with promises which He has spoken.

And I hope and I pray
that when others pass by
and they see His new life that’s in me,

That they will be surprised
by my joy, and that Jesus
would fill them and change their I.D.
~ae

No comments:

Post a Comment