Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rabbit Trails

A rabbit, hopping to and fro,
left his tracks upon the snow,
pressing down with heel and toe
beneath where’re his feet would go.

Howling winds began to blow,
whisking all the powdery snow
with windy current’s ebb and flow
to drift against the fence and grow
piled high.  But down below
the house where all the dirt did show,
the sole remaining spots of snow
were where the rabbit’s feet did go
packing it down with heel and toe.

Small white spots hopped to and fro,
sparkling ice patches aglow.
Did the little bunny know
his trail of hops would clearly show?

How interestingly apropos
to trails I leave where’re I go.
For each decision made will show
when storms of life begin to blow
and windy currents ebb and flow.

My prayer is that my path would show  
glimmering footprints in a row
leading to the Hope I know;
that others would follow also
and leave behind their status quo,
drawn toward His glory’s glow.
~ae

No comments:

Post a Comment