Friday, December 9, 2011

Jesus ~ Emmanuel

Emmanuel:
“’Behold, the virgin shall be with child and shall bear a son,
and they shall call His name Emmanuel,’
which translated means ‘God with us.’”
~ Matthew 1:23
(prophecy in Isaiah 7:14)

When I tell my son,
“Thanks for going to the store with me”,
he often responds,
“Thank you for going to the store with me, Mom.”

When Jesus relinquished His godly grasp,
emptied Himself
and was made in the likeness of man,
His being with us offered us His Love
and met our every need
by fulfilling God’s perfect plan of redemption;
He came to be with us


 “God with us” seems to be intended purely
and solely for our pleasure and benefit.

“The Lord takes pleasure in His people…”
~Psalm 149:4

“It is God who is at work in you
both to will and to work for His good pleasure.”
~Philippians 2:13

“Let the Lord be glad in His works…
Let my meditation be pleasing to Him.”
~Psalm 104:31,34

“See how great a love
the Father has bestowed on us,
that we would be called children of God;
and such we are.”
~I John 3:1

Perhaps Jesus came
so that we could be with Him.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite of Jesus' names, and several of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete