Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jesus ~ Judge

Judge:
“And He ordered us to preach to the people,
and solemnly to testify that this is the One
who has been appointed by God
as Judge of the living and the dead.” 
~Acts 10:42

“There is only one Lawgiver and Judge,
the One who is able to save and to destroy…”
~James 4:12

 God spoke to Peter in a vision (Acts 10:10-16)
in which he was instructed to kill and eat animals
previously deemed unclean
according to Levitical law. (Lev. 11)

“But Peter said,
’By no means, Lord,
for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.”
~Acts 10:14

*gulp* …this hits close to home for me.

How easily it is to jump to conclusions,
to assume exaggerated understanding,
to presume upon authority that is not mine,
to judge.

The judgments of God
are pure and good and righteous,
and there is a depth of joy,
peace of mind,
and hope for the future
in knowing that they are His,
… not mine.

 “I have fought the good fight,
I have finished the course,
I have kept the faith;
in the future there is laid up for me
the crown of righteousness,
which the Lord,
the righteous Judge,
will award to me on that day;
and not only to me,
but also to all who have loved His appearing.” 
~II Timothy 4:7,8

No comments:

Post a Comment