Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jesus ~ Image of God

Image of God:
“Therefore, since we have this ministry,
as we received mercy,
we do not lose heart…

“…And even if our gospel is veiled,
it is veiled to those who are perishing,
in whose case the god of this world
has blinded the minds of the unbelieving,
so that they might not see the light
 of the gospel of glory of Christ,
who is the image of God.

“For we do not preach ourselves
but Christ Jesus as Lord…”
~ II Corinthians 4:1-5

“In the mirror I can see
lots of things, but mostly me.”
~by Eloise Wilkin

I am naturally self-centered…
…so are you.

 “Mirror, Mirror on the wall,
who’s the fairest of them all?”
   ~the queen in Disney’s “Snow White”

Although her heart was wicked
and so devious her task,
this queen’s interrogation
states the question all must ask.

What gospel has my life proclaimed?
What gospel has it veiled?
What image is the fairest
or have other gods prevailed?

What darkness casts its shadows?
What obscurities seem whole?
What image is reflected
in the windows of my soul?

What do I hold in high regard?
What mercy do I feel?
What comfort can I offer?
What encouragement is real?

What changes in my life occur
or do I simply see?
What image is praiseworthy?
How does this apply to me?

For God so loved the world
He sent the image of His glory;
reflections of His life are mine
and His is now my story.
“Objects in mirror are
closer than they appear.”
   ~your car’s rear view mirror

1 comment:

  1. "For God so loved the world
    He sent the image of His glory;
    reflections of His life are mine
    and His is now my story."

    beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete