Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jesus ~ Good Shepherd

Good Shepherd:
“I am the good shepherd.
The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

“He who is a hired hand,
and not a shepherd,
who is not the owner of the sheep,
sees the wolf coming,
and leaves the sheep and flees,
and the wolf snatches them
and scatters them.

“He flees because he is a hired hand
and is not concerned about the sheep.

“I am the good shepherd,
and I know My own and My own know Me,
even as the Father knows Me
and I know the Father;
and I lay down My life for the sheep…

“For this reason the Father loves Me,
because I lay down My life so that I may take it again.
No one has taken it away from Me,
but I lay it down on My own initiative…”
~ John 10:11-18

Jesus chose to die,
otherwise
no one would have had the power to kill Him.

God’s goodness
is good
beyond my ability to comprehend.

“My sheep hear My voice,
and I know them,
and they follow Me;
and I give eternal life to them,
and they will never perish;
and no one can snatch them
out of My hand.

“My Father,
who has given them to Me,
is greater than all;
and no one
is able to snatch them
out of the Father’s hand.
I and the Father are One.”
~John 10:27-30

No comments:

Post a Comment