Saturday, October 23, 2010

Abide in Me

.....……Ding!  Dong!
Aloha! and Welcome!
Come in, I implore.
…Yes, thank you for leaving
Your shoes at the door.

Please do have a seat
In this comfortable chair.
A glass of cool water?
I’ll put it right there.

Now, how may I serve you,
My dear precious friend?
…Why, yes!  I’ve been longing
For what you intend.

Your smie in My home
Fills My heart, and beyond,
As a tropical rain
Turns a puddle to pond!

…Ah!  Laughter!  ‘Tis good
For the heart, that is sure.
Now, allow Me to guide
As we take a house tour.

Beginning right here
Where I have received you,
Is My great HONOR Room.
Step this way into TRUE.

In TRUE, as you see,
Are a Bible and lamp.
In this room, I’d prefer
That you pretty much camp,

For the time you spend here
Will determine your day.
Shall I show you the room
In which you are to stay?

The first door on your left
Is the room I dubbed RIGHT.
I prepared it for you
To repose in each night.

O’er here is your bath,
There, a closet to dress.
These small rooms are entitled
PURE and LOVELINESS.

I hope you will join Me
When you hunger or thirst
In EXCELLENCE, your senses
Will be immersed.

Then, when all is prepared
In such excellent ways,
We’ll share at the table
Named WORTHY OF PRAISE.

Feel free to go out
For a bit of fresh air.
GOOD REPUTE, the Lana’i,
Seems to lift every care.

I’m so glad you have chosen
To live here with Me.
This home’s built to last
Throughout eternity.

You’ll get to know Me
As we spend time together.
We have all we need here,
No matter the weather.

…What’s that?  …Oh, there, there…
Come, let’s sit over here.
I'll use this soft tissue
To wipe every tear.

Now remember, My child,
That I AM the Way,
The Truth and the Life;
I’ll not turn you away.

I will never leave you.
Now come, let us dine.
…Oh, you’re very welcome!
The pleasure is Mine!
……….Ding!  Dong!
Aloha!  and Welcome!...
~ae  3/23/2001


“Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, 
if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, 
let your mind dwell on these things… and the God of peace shall be with you.”
~Philippians 4:8,9

No comments:

Post a Comment