Monday, October 18, 2010

Motherhood ~ An Introduction

   Motherhood...  Ever since Cain and Able started arguing and provoking each other in the back seat of Eve’s mini-van, mothers throughout the ages have threatened to pull over, remove privileges, and even… *gasp*… well, just read Proverbs 23:13.
   Our family is no exception.  After our older children became adults, they had a good laugh together as they recalled each picking one of my favorite exclamations, then arguing until I shouted, “Stop it!”, at which point the winner (who had picked “stop it”) would feel quite smug, and the losers would be… losers.
   A friend, who is a young mother, recently asked that I blog my experiences as a mom.  This is truly an honor and a privilege.  Without any claim to perfection in parenting skills, my writings will be based on experiences and lessons learned. 
   In order to establish a premise for this blog, the following information reflects a humbly grateful heart. Over the course of the twenty-nine years in which my husband and I have been married, we have had seventeen children placed in our care:  six birth children, two unborn children, and nine foster children.  In recent years, an additional son-in-law and two grandchildren have entered our hearts and, as often as possible, our home.
   My prayer is that this blog will offer encouragement, reflect Jesus’ love, and revel in the joy of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment