Friday, October 22, 2010

Hurray Failure!

To know me is to love me
for the outcome I inspire;
I am the final straw to feed
your motivating fire.

I will show up and you will not
think very much of me,
but I will pave the road for
your new opportunity.

The tricky catch that makes me worth
the trouble I will cause,
is that I’ll make you vulnerable
as I expose your flaws.

The only way you will accept
my ever-present knock
is if you pass through brokenness
and then begin to walk

each step through dark and deep
completely buoyed by God’s grace;
His hand of mercy holding yours,
your eyes upon His face.

My work for you is not to make
you quit, give up, or leave.
I’m coffee! Wake up! See His Grace
for you to just receive.
~ae

“To know that (my children) WILL fail, and that their brokenness is not an end,
but an opportunity to turn to Christ and receive grace from Him.” 
~6 Way Intersection

No comments:

Post a Comment